Auto to manual swap?

ishavedmyballs!

I have no lunch money
okay i have a 01 ls thats very clean but it has an auto tranny. I have a friend that will swap out the auto tranny to manual in about a weekends time for 500$ and i know he can do it because he has a lot of rep from my other friends and ive seen cars that hes auto to manual tranny swapped and engine swapped. he just did a 02 wrx jdm sti engine swap lol. but i need to buy another teg and take the parts off it myself. should i do it? or should i just deal with what i got? im hoping to find a running wrecked one that was hit in the back and only spend a total of 1500$ at most

97tegkid

I just did mine and spent 300 on all the parts I needed. I did it myself so I didn't have a labor cost. Its not to bad a swap and def is worth it.
Just be prepared for little things after the swap is done. I somehow got a idle issue I need to figure out and gotta get the clutch adjusted correctly and im sure other little things will turn up be well see.
Good Luck Man

98GS

Damn u made out. Back when I had my 90 I spent 1000 in parts, did some of it myself and paid 700 to have it finished. I don't remember their being a mount kit available back then either so my buddy welded one that I cut from a totaled teg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

97tegkid

Yea innovative now makes on for 90 to 93 integras hasport has them for newer gens

ishavedmyballs!

I have no lunch money
My gf is giving me a hard time about the money I will need for parts. I'm hoping to find a wrecked one for cheap

97tegkid

My gf is giving me a hard time about the money I will need for parts. I'm hoping to find a wrecked one for cheap
Just remember all the little expenses that will show up to. For me after I swapped nothing to do with the swap but my alternator went up.
Plus after doing the swap I found out I need new motor mounts plus a few other things.

TheMyth

As for mounts, you will only need the auto to manual trans mount(hasport). This conversion is very easy. Done it several times.

cvcrcr99

well you only need one, and TheMyth gave you the company who makes them. I would say their website would be a good choice. Or maybe ebay, amazon, google.

itzrivera

I just did mine and spent 300 on all the parts I needed. I did it myself so I didn't have a labor cost. Its not to bad a swap and def is worth it.
Just be prepared for little things after the swap is done. I somehow got a idle issue I need to figure out and gotta get the clutch adjusted correctly and im sure other little things will turn up be well see.
Good Luck Man
i call bs on only spending $300

yoshi408

Its a fairly easy swap I did mine a few weeks ago. I did every thing my self so saved my self having to pay for labor. All I spent was 350 got all the parts from a doner car being parted out on CL.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

ishavedmyballs!

I have no lunch money
well my dad said he was going to help me do it now so that i dont have to spend 500 to get it done when we can just do it. Now i just need to find a wrecked teg, hopefully one slammed in the rear so that i know the transmission is good. 94+ transmissions are all the same right?

ishavedmyballs!

I have no lunch money
Also me and my dad aren't master machanics or anything but my dad has done it before but not on a Honda I'm hoping it only takes us two weekends worth of time because he doesn't live near me. Think we can do it?