Auto transmission issues - no shifting

shibbykins

I did some searching around on these auto transmissions and found a bunch of threads but not one specific to the issue I am having.

Picked up a 94 LS with a B20 swap for $700. The issue I am having is shifting. You can start it all the way down at 1 manually shift to 2 but walking into d3 or d4 the car just acts like its in neutral. Putting the car in D4 or D3 from a stop will give you that gear but will not shift any direction. I checked the fluid level and it was about at the add and full line.

TLDR - car wont shift on its own, you can walk it from 1-2 but it wont go to 3-4

Known issues with car besides the shift issue -
VSS is bad *have a replacement one on order now*
Speedo/odom no joy
fuel gauge sits in center

I am fairly new to Honda/Acura cars and this is going to be a daily driver for my wife to make her 50mile round trip to work and home.

Thanks for reading and for any advice y'all could give.

J

shibbykins

the only code I was getting was for the VSS. Replacement is inbound. If there is a way to check the TCM please advise on how.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Last edited:

phatintegra

Banned
Did you use a scanner or did you loop it with a wire or paperclip? Out of the blue what ECU are you running?

shibbykins

VSS installed. Still no speedo but the light went out.

Trans still doing the same stuff. can manualy walk it from 1-2, walk into d3 it whines for a few seconds then kicks in, same with 4.

as of right now no codes present.