Automagic Seat Belts

CokeSlap

After 2 years of owning my DB2 I finally have working automagic seat belts. And you know what? It feels good man 8)

Now it is just going to take a while to get used to that beeping when they retract. :roll:

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol: I miss auto belts. What was wrong with yours that it took 2 years to fix?

CokeSlap

Never actually looked at the damn thing myself until tonight. My mom had a RDX turbo that I took to Acura to get serviced back around the time I first got my integra and while it was being serviced I asked the guys there about the seat belt warranty and they gave me the whole only the actual belts were covered etc. I knew otherwise but just didn't feel like pursuing the issue further because I had other things on the car I was focusing on.

Well time goes by and I have grew accustomed to just ducking under the belt and driving off so it wasn't really a big issue for me. My assumption this whole time that computer fried or something so I had been waiting for DAs in my area to come up to snag an extra computer to see if that would work. I never asked the previous owner what had been done to the seat belts to keep them back, I was under the assumption that they were just locked back there.

Well finally a teggy popped up here in Omaha that was being parted out and I figured this would be a good time to actually dig in and see what I would need to take a part to get to the computer. I pull the kick panel off and see both of the damn plugs out of the computer and simply plugged them in and voila loud noises, beeps, and unfamiliar noises! All of which are pretty startling when I am laying backwards under the glove box fiddling with things.

Though the whole computer was wrapped in black duct tape for some reason? I have no explanation for that one.

TL;DR: Someone didn't plug the seat belt computer back in.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
lol yea the common fix for the automatic seat belts is to unplug the green plug down there & disable em.

lots of folks would do this if the door switch that actuates the re-tractor was going bad as it would cause the damn belt to move forward and back while driving & make the seatbelt light on the dash blink & beep incessantly.

Others would disable it because they hated getting strangled by those belts ( back in the 90s they were new & VERY VERY hated)

My best guess for the black tape would be that the vehicle may have had a blocked roof drain or leaky cowling at some point and was allowing water to come in down by that area. Hell it could ave caused a ground issue with that module and sent the belts haywire for all we know...

lot of things to speculate over given that location :)