Automatic Seatbelt Issues

maddogg20

hey guys,

I got pretty much everything in my car working except the drivers side automatic seatbelt. I know theres power to it because when the doors closed, if you try to move the seatbelt foreward from the down (door closed) position, it detects that you moved it, and itll move it back to the door closed position. The issue is that when you open the door it doesnt go foreward so I am stuck unclipping it. The passenger side one works just fine. My question is, is there a relay or something that I can replace, or is it all internal to the module? Also, does anyone know of a wiring diagram available for this system because I even have the repair manual and there isnt even a schematic for the seatbelt system.

Any info would be appreciated.
Andy

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I had the same issue on my old gs, I just unclipped it every time. Eventually it just started working again. Might have something to do with the little sensor in the door jam, near the latch.

CALI-BEAR-DA9

CALIFOOLYA RAIDER
hey guys,

I got pretty much everything in my car working except the drivers side automatic seatbelt. I know theres power to it because when the doors closed, if you try to move the seatbelt foreward from the down (door closed) position, it detects that you moved it, and itll move it back to the door closed position. The issue is that when you open the door it doesnt go foreward so I am stuck unclipping it. The passenger side one works just fine. My question is, is there a relay or something that I can replace, or is it all internal to the module? Also, does anyone know of a wiring diagram available for this system because I even have the repair manual and there isnt even a schematic for the seatbelt system.

Any info would be appreciated.
Andy
i had the same problem with my passenger seatbelt i just took it to a acura dealer and they replaced without any hassle seatbelts are a lifetime warranty for as long as you own the car.....

91'DA9

i had the same problem in my rs i strongly recommend taking it to a mechanic or if your good with wiring go for it but mine ended up being that one of the connectors. Good luck!

Prozon

Kris
Hey Andy, if your passenger side is working that can rule out the "Meter SA" fuse I was about to suggest.

However if you look in the fuse panel under your hood there are two fuses. "Passive Motor R" and "Passive Motor L." Something along those lines. If you know your passenger side is working I would suggest swapping the fuses around on those two slots to see if the seat belt will work.

Seeing as how the seat belt will go back down if you force it up, I don't think it's the seat belt motor.

Check those fuses and get back to us.

562Thomas

I never used the automatic seatbelts when I bought the car the fuses were off I'm going to put fuses in see if mine work tonight 8)

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Take it to the dealership, free repair and car rental.

92gsrboy

Mine both stopped working and the two fuses under the hood are good..where is this meter sa fuse??

No Rice Riley

yea they're stubborn. they are stuck forward correct? what my step dad told me to do was( when the door is closed) pull the thing all the way back with your hands and then open the door and it should work. iv done it to mine a few times and it works every time.

make sure you pull it all the way back tho:)

dlo253

I've been going through hell with mine too. Just finally got em all installed and working properly... second time I drove it And ever since, there's that constant beeping and seatbelt light flashing. Even with all the seatbelts buckled. Wtf?! Confused as hell.

92gsrboy

I've been going through hell with mine too. Just finally got em all installed and working properly... second time I drove it And ever since, there's that constant beeping and seatbelt light flashing. Even with all the seatbelts buckled. Wtf?! Confused as hell.
check the harness under the seats...thats what it usually does when its unplugged

92gsrboy

yea they're stubborn. they are stuck forward correct? what my step dad told me to do was( when the door is closed) pull the thing all the way back with your hands and then open the door and it should work. iv done it to mine a few times and it works every time.

make sure you pull it all the way back tho:)
mine are stuck all the way back like when the door is closed with the ignition switch on..i have no idea why they both stopped working at the same time

Prozon

Kris
The "Meter SA" fuse is in the fuse box under the dash, it will keep the auto seatbelts from working, but it will also effect other things such as your tach, temp gauge, ect ect..