Awd conversion tips please

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Ermmm....rear subframe, rear diff and axles, transfer case, change orientation of motor, driveshaft, etc... It's not really feasible on our cars...one of those questions, if you have to ask, you cant do it. In this case, even with incredible fab skills, unless you have all the time in the world, keep dreaming.

XjoEnX

I wouldn't know what specific parts you'd need to make it work with a B-series (if even possible) but you would definitely need to modify or replace your rear subframe. You have to make room for a rear differential to transfer power to those rear wheels.

RHD_Germz

Cuz I was wondering (dreaming) what if somone uses the awd 5speed b20 tranny so you can use the drive train and All the awd stuff or am I wrong? I'm just questioning My self alot

GeRmZ

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I dont even know if you can make it work on second gens. On third gens, you basically take the drivetrain from a CR-V and buy this custom mount they make... But you'd be on your own with a second gen.....

They actually made all wheel drive integras in Japan, a very select few that came with the ZC motor, but those were all third gens as well

RHD_Germz

I dont even know if you can make it work on second gens. On third gens, you basically take the drivetrain from a CR-V and buy this custom mount they make... But you'd be on your own with a second gen.....

They actually made all wheel drive integras in Japan, a very select few that came with the ZC motor, but those were all third gens as well
That's pretty interesting info bro! Cuz I know the crv hydro tranny fit on a Dc sooo My guess is since My buddy made his gsr hydro tranny fit integra n used the cable to hydro kit ( mount n conversion) in his DA.

GeRmZ

DustinXIX

This would be very cool to see done. But doesn't a lot of power get lost through all of that drivetrain?

Alvi84

There was a Civic converted to AWD in a Honda Tuner magazine that came out last year. Gave you the low down on how what fabrications needed to be done and what parts were sourced to put it all together. It was a SI blue civic. Can't find the article right now or I'd share it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
my first auto x event there was a guy with a del sol. it was AWD. I spoke with him to see what he used he said (if i remember cause it was in 2009) the car had a b20 transmission with the b20 drive shaft (some use the ef one) crv rear subframe with the diff obviously. crv rear suspension. i think he said he cut and welded the drive shaft to make it fit.
IMO it was slower than s***. This is actually the car and venue it was at (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtNWCbx_aA) There were several EG hatches with simple swaps LS or GSR or B16 which were incredibly faster. You lose about 25-30 % through the drive train i believe in terms of power and thats alot.

RHD_Germz

There was a Civic converted to AWD in a Honda Tuner magazine that came out last year. Gave you the low down on how what fabrications needed to be done and what parts were sourced to put it all together. It was a SI blue civic. Can't find the article right now or I'd share it.
Please!:)

GeRmZ

RHD_Germz

my first auto x event there was a guy with a del sol. it was AWD. I spoke with him to see what he used he said (if i remember cause it was in 2009) the car had a b20 transmission with the b20 drive shaft (some use the ef one) crv rear subframe with the diff obviously. crv rear suspension. i think he said he cut and welded the drive shaft to make it fit.
IMO it was slower than s***. This is actually the car and venue it was at (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtNWCbx_aA) There were several EG hatches with simple swaps LS or GSR or B16 which were incredibly faster. You lose about 25-30 % through the drive train i believe in terms of power and thats alot.
Lol that sux! Oh the money for nothing but again b20 trannys have longass years but there is a lot of torque on the block. Can type r gears be put in a b20 awd tranny or no since the b20 its set up for awd?

GeRmZ