Awful Noise from Radio

Bmwz389

Hey guys,

I'm having some serious issues with my aftermarket headunit. I bought the DA a few months back and someone had cut the stock harness leaving me to find a diagram for the wiring harness. I believe this is correct:

Car Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: White/Blue
Car Radio Switched 12V+ Wire: Yellow/Red
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Black
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: Yellow/White
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Front Speakers Size: 5 1/4″
Front Speakers Location: Doors
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Black
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Black
Rear Speakers Size: 6 1/2″
Rear Speakers Location: Side Panels
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/White
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/White

My issue is, one I connect all those wires to the matching on my opposed Sony harness, I get no audio from the HU, just this God awful screeching noise that sounds like it should be in the movie Paranormal Activity (or like trying to play an mp3 disc in a nonmp3 player). It doesn't matter what function its in, and it only comes from my Pass front speaker.

Any insight to what the eff could be going on?

Thanks!

- Brandon

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
i would double check your wiring. sounds like you might have one of the speakers wired incorrectly. check the wiring for the front speakers, maybe you have the negative wire hooked to the positive. then again, maybe its because its a sony harness. sony makes shit products when it comes to audio. maybe get a new wiring harness

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Did he even say it was sony? Also sony's new line of stuff is actually very good for the price...the old silver faced stuff was shit, the new line, for the price, honestly, is really not bad.

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
Did he even say it was sony? Also sony's new line of stuff is actually very good for the price...the old silver faced stuff was shit, the new line, for the price, honestly, is really not bad.
he said sony harness. sony is cheap and sold at walmart for a reason.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Didn't see the sony part, my bad. And honestly, do some research, I've been installing for a while now. I am not saying Sony is great, but I'm saying they've come a long way in the past couple of years in regards to there stuff. For the prices, many are pretty good. Check all your connections btw, make sure you didnt put like solid purple to purple with a white stripe and check your grounding.

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
Didn't see the sony part, my bad. And honestly, do some research, I've been installing for a while now. I am not saying Sony is great, but I'm saying they've come a long way in the past couple of years in regards to there stuff. For the prices, many are pretty good. Check all your connections btw, make sure you didnt put like solid purple to purple with a white stripe and check your grounding.
i never was a sony fan. IMO, best quality sound for the price would be pioneer.

Bmwz389

I've checked my wiring at least 3 times now. I'll double check one more time haha. I'm also gonna ground it outside of the harness as well and see if it changes anything. I've had this headunit for over 8 years now, granted it has some contact issues every now and then, its a pretty solid unit. It worked when I pulled it out of my other car, but maybe I grounded it out between installs and fried it.

I'll let you know, thanks so far guys!

- Brandon

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Yea, double check the fusing in the headunit too. If not, see if you can borrow a buddy's HU to test.

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
you did say when you got the car the wiring was all cut to shit... maybe your speakers are fucked and thats whats giving you that noise.. im not to much into audio but seems plausible since there wasnt a head unit in there to begin with

rexpepper123

mine were all cut i used something close to that of what you used but the weird thing is when i turn my car off and back on nothing is saved like settings and radio channels its kind dumb

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
mine were all cut i used something close to that of what you used but the weird thing is when i turn my car off and back on nothing is saved like settings and radio channels its kind dumb
Make sure everything is connected properly and grounded properly.

Also, I figured it out, it's rap music. That's the horrible noise.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Reversing the wires would not cause that. You probably connected the antenna or remote turn on wire to your speaker. Also, try pulling the speaker out of the door and see if it still does it. Usually it will go into protect mode if it's grounded, but maybe not.

Bmwz389

Yeah I bench tested the headunit off a standalone battery, and also again with the drivers speaker from the car. Both worked both times. I pulled the harness to above my feet and I'm gonna temp it with a remote ground. I got the diagram from Alldata as well because the guys at the local Acura dealer are too lazy to bust out a helms for me and photocopy it. I rechecked my wiring and it was correct. I found out if I let the wires hand in the carriage where the deck should be (with no deck connected), they arc the power and ground off the headunit cage and I get the noise with no headunit connected. This is effing ridiculous lol.

More to come. It's interesting so I'm still dickin with it lol.

- Brandon