Axle back exhaust

!v@n

So I was under the car the other day and noticed that I have what looks to be 2.25" piping from the cat to the flange where the stock muffle bolts too, it also has a resonator. Its not rusted so Im thinking I may be stainless steel. I think the previous owner had a full exhaust on it and just took off the muffler before he sold it and left the rest of the piping in place. Im thinking about buying an axle back exhaust to put on it but Im not sure which one would work, I also want something with a nice tone not ricer sounding. My other car is a 350z so I would love to get something with a similar growl if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
i would get a full catback, getting the axle back would be fine, but to me getting a catback would be more for your money

as for the sound, look for something (if its a catback) look for something with a resonator on it, it will take out most of the buzz sound. for the muffler the N1 style muffler will be the loudest, the WS2 style is a little quieter but will give you more of a deep sound-which is what i think you are looking for

!v@n

i would get a full catback, getting the axle back would be fine, but to me getting a catback would be more for your money

as for the sound, look for something (if its a catback) look for something with a resonator on it, it will take out most of the buzz sound. for the muffler the N1 style muffler will be the loudest, the WS2 style is a little quieter but will give you more of a deep sound-which is what i think you are looking for
Thanks I will look into that. My car already has aftermarket piping and a resonator on it, I just need the axle back portion of it.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
got it...i misread that. i thought he was talking about the flange after the section with the bends in it.

!v@n

Thanks guys...
I think I found what im looking for. I saw some video clips of the WS2 and that sounds about right. Im gonna call Apexi and see if they can sell me just the axle back part...

if not Im gonna buy the muffler and find a shop to install it for me