axle back or catback???

leonardo campos

alright so i made up my mind since i don't have that much money and straight pipe dosent sound convincing
the same guy is giving me a choice from a catback muffler or a axel back muffler ??? wich one is louder and sounds deeper ???
my friend told my that catback can style are better
but the guys said that he has a performance muffler witch i guess are are called axle back
thanks ?

sumfilipinodude

Omg another exhaust thread? Lol but if you don't have all the money to get a catback I think you shouldn't put 'catback or axle back?' as your title thread. But axle back is just the muffler with a little bit of pipping attached to your stock pipping.

WAR 178

Premium User
it all depends on if you still have the original exhaust setup from the factory. the axle back should be able to bolt directly (DIY) setup from the rear axle back. the catback is a kit that will give you extra piping that bolts directly to the factory cat. Now if anything has been changed underneath, it would be best to deal with a muffler shop to complete any piping nec.
The real question at hand is the fact of...is this guy selling you some generic off the shelf muffler system to be giving the same price for either one? If so try and save for an all new setup of name brand. Or get one used (either full catback or just muffler itself if the piping under your car is still good) g/l with choice.

leonardo campos

oh the guy has his shop and he says that he has the can style muffler and then he has a performance muffler , i haven't seen them yet im going to go today , that's why im trying to figer out what to look for , and he said he can do a catbackmuffler and he can do a axle back performance for about 150 to 200 buks, and he said hes going to cut and weld

and im hoping he donsent give me shit like bolera or something that would go on stock .
what do you think?

WAR 178

Premium User
how are the pipes underneath your car looking? If anything, go and just talk to the guy and see what he has IN STOCK (brands/specs) and go home jump online and investigate some more!

NeroCB7

Honda Lover
You can find a good cat back set up online cheaper I just saying these cars go through alot and brand new piping under will make you feel more confident

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
"performance" mufflers are annoying and do nothing for your car.

dont buy an exhaust unless youre buying a stock replacement or something that's actually made for making the fart sounds so it doesnt just sound like fart sounds.

Cripton805

Just wait and save for an OEM style Apexi. Theyre super clean looking and sound nice!

Expensive but worth it