Axle nuts on 1990 Integra WON"T BUDGE..

storm2313

I have a Craftsman breaker bar and can't budge the axle nuts to replace my CV joints.

I saw Northern Tool has a 40" breaker bar and for $39.99 it might be worth it unless anyone else has some suggestions. I have also sprayed the nuts with Liquid Wrench and still no dice..

Thank you for any help you offer..

Get someone to hit that bitch with a good impact gun. Then just tighten it down enough to get home. It should come off much easier after the initial break of the nut.

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
make it glow.

use some metal piping if you got it to extend your breaker bar. I stood on top of a breaker bar with a 12" metal pipe extending it and continuously jumped with no luck. Had to cut the axle.

storm2313

Pryed up the staked nut..

The nut I pried up prior to trying to remove it with out luck. I have a half inch craftsman breaker and am thinking of a cheater maybe adding 20" to it.

Tightest nut I have ever dealt with..

mirrorimg

the longer the cheater bar the more torque you will be able to apply to that nut. Get a 5 foot peice of steel tubing and you wont have a problem ;)

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
Get someone to hit that bitch with a good impact gun. Then just tighten it down enough to get home. It should come off much easier after the initial break of the nut.
Yeah best advise. go by a garage, ive done it for guys before

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I had to do it this way after all else failed, no impact was available.

Took a dremel with the ceramic metal cutting discs (the thick ones) sliced into the sides of the axle nut on an angle. This will make the nut held on by half the threads, making it easier to break off. Just watch out for the rotor.