B&M short shifter?

R13

The other asshole
Stock shifter is the best :thumbs up (No sarcasm there either)

Maybe install new bushings if your shifter feels loose or like something's wrong with it.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
I've just been seeing them alot. Thought I'd try, I trust your opinion. What do I replace if it seems like I'm not going into first smooth? Is that the tranny?

R13

The other asshole
I'd change the shifter bushings if you feel like freshening some stuff up.

As for the 1st gear thing, Idk if that's normal or not, but both my mustang and my gsr won't go into 1st unless I'm going very slow or completely stopped. I just treat it like a safety to keep you from hitting 1st at high speed because that seems logical. :lol:

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
i have the same issue(if you want to even call it that) only can down shift to first if im stopped or going like 5mph. i might just try replacing the bushings this week .

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
That's normal, I just replaced my transmission and clutch and still feel as I can't downshift in to 1st gear without it wanting to grind. 1st gear is really not meant to be downshifted in to since the ratio is so high.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
They are easy to install and feel nice, but the regular short shifter places it too far forward. It makes for an uncomfortable position. The dual bend helps that a little, but if you're tall and have the seat pretty far back, you'll probably still find it awkward.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
They are easy to install and feel nice, but the regular short shifter places it too far forward. It makes for an uncomfortable position. The dual bend helps that a little, but if you're tall and have the seat pretty far back, you'll probably still find it awkward.
i am honestly the exact opposite. 5'5-5'6 hugging the wheel :hitlol:

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
That's normal, I just replaced my transmission and clutch and still feel as I can't downshift in to 1st gear without it wanting to grind. 1st gear is really not meant to be downshifted in to since the ratio is so high.

Sent from my iPhone 2g
okay great, glad to know it's not something i should be worried about .

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
A short shifter won't necessarily fix your problem but if you actually want to buy one, get a K-tuned adjustable height one. I have a BM and it does make it awkward to shift.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
A short shifter won't necessarily fix your problem but if you actually want to buy one, get a K-tuned adjustable height one. I have a BM and it does make it awkward to shift.
no, it's not a problem at all. just had to make sure it wasn't just me. seems to be just how it is. i was interested in the short shifter just out of curiosity. Interested in seeing how shorter throws will feel. do you have the dual bend? and yeah i saw that one. how is it?

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Yes, the ktuned one is much better.

Sent from my iPhone 2g
what makes it that much better besides the height adjustment? and the fact that its twice as much lol. i dont think the height would bother me much. curious on your thoughts, since you've had both.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
You can also adjust the throw reduction from the ball looking thing on the bottom.
We can get those kind of people here all the time :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g