b series motors

se7en-mm

right nowi have a stock b18a1, i was gona buy another old motor to rebuild for a turbo setup,

but i was wondering if a b20b/z swap would be a good idea? i want to put a turbo on it. i was looking for pistons and the only ones i could find was b20 with b16 head, if i do a swap i want to keep it all b20.

im assuming any b-series motor would just swap right over? am i right? same motor mount and all? do all b series trannys work with all other b series motors, wich one would be better for either motor with a turbo setup.

also what all would have to be switched- ecu, gauge cluster, wiring harnes,? please let me know what i all i would have to switch if i swaped to b20 or post a link that would tell me everything i would need.

if i stay b18 im gona have to still swap to obd1 for hondata.

thanks

se7en-mm

if you are going to swap to obd1, then you need a 4 wire o2, obd1 dizzy, conversion harness
yea, i know im gona have to upgrade all that and the conversion for the ecu , and for the o2 im gona put in a wideband.

i think i may just stay with the b18a1 motor just to make it easier on me.

thanks.

JdMrican88

Prince of 2nd Generation
yea i'd stay with the b18a1 thats what i have in my 91 i rebuilt it now its alot more worth it (less headaches) i got it back in and im going turbo..