B16 auto trans swap into 94 Auto LS

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
B16 auto trans swap into 94 Auto LS- HELP MEH!

So I've done as much searching as possible all over the internet looking for a way to make this swap work. The transmission I have is an OBD1 b16 automatic and I'm wanting to put it in my automatic LS Integra. I cannot drive a manual because I'm disabled so I need the automatic.

Basically what I've found out is that the only way to get the transmission to work in my car is to use the b16 auto ecu because the transmission control unit in my car is different than the one in the b16 ecu. Does anyone here know otherwise?

If I had the b16 auto ecu, is it possible to retune it to run my LS motor? I'm on a low budget also, so doing ls/vtec is out of the question.

Thanks!

Last edited:

phatintegra

Banned
You will only need a B16 ECU if your running VTEC (B16 head only). The trans should be fine on a stock LS ECU.

I have a JDM SIR-G Automatic Trans in my car and have use the stock LS ECU for a little over a year with no problem in the past. Now I'm running LS/VTEC with a JDM P30 ECU.

On a side note you should invest in a trans oil cooler. It will expand the life of your trans.

Last edited: