B16 crank in a B17a1?

nos.mike

my b17a1 blow up i cant find a crank. some 1 told me that the b16 crank will work is that tru? halp thanks

92DB2

just get the crank cut and micro polished...a B16 will work all a B17a1 is a stroked B16..but that would be a waste.so try to salvage the crank if possible

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea you can't use the b16 crank without the b16 rods.

If you need a new motor I'll sell you my b17 for $8000. :)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
might want to see if anyone has it locally, or if you can see if honda has them. its gonna be hard i aint gonna lie. b17 is rare. you can try and use b16 and use the rods

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
What would be cool is to use an ls crank to stroke it and buy some aftermarket custom length rods.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You would have to figure out the deck height, the stroke which is around 89mm I think, and then your wrist pin height depending on what pistons you use.

92DB2

my friend has a B17A1 block for sale it came out of my old db2 were in mass let me know if your interested..the block only has 90k on it i still have a copy of the title

92DB2

i think he wanted 300 but it has a brocken knock sensor and no oil pan an no thermostat housing

92DB2

no it wasnt broken down it came out running he just used the head for ls vtec and he wants 300$ picked up no shipping