B16 head over B18 head ?

LStegg

1 bad LS
A freind of mine I used 2 work w/ at Hagerstown Honda told me that the B16 head was better than the LS or GS-R head cause of better flow and more h.p. gains. Is he right , and if so why ? :what:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
The GS-R head will give you slightly more compresion.

The B16 head and ITR head are very similar except for the ITR head having a mild port and polish and valvetrain upgrades.

Here's the problem. If you get a GS-R head, you need a GS-R I/M and GS-R Intake. If you get a B16/ITR head you can either use the B16 I/M or the ITR I/M. Same with intake.

Also, the GS-R I/M has what they call "secondaries." Which is another "door" that opens in the I/M. The B16/ITR don't. You can clear that out of the GS-R I/M and have it flow a little better.

LStegg

1 bad LS
Thanks man. You should work 4 Tech Line. Its a line that all Honda dlrshps. call for trouble shooting and other questions. I used 2 hate 2 call them cause of being put on hold 4ever. But they know what there talking about thats 4 sure. :thumbs up

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Thanks man, but all my knowledge is from asking questions and listening to mechanics, technicans, and knowledgable engine builders.