B16 stroker

mugenguy

so i got this B16 with messed up main bearing ...i have this GSR crank lyin around that i want to put in it i already have the B17 rods that i was told would be needed ...my question is wat kind of pistons do i need i heard something about a 95 stroker wat is that

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Spoon makes a B16 stroker kit, but I think it's discontinued. How'd you end up with a B16? You'd have more torque in a B18.

heykosal

Angkorian
At first I was going to ask why you would stroke a B16 when you could just get a B18 but considering your circumstances with the parts you already have you might as well right?:D

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah the b18 has more torque, i would go with the b18c

Winki

Undercover mod
err??? they saying it is a stroker because your gsr crank has a longer stroke....

mugenguy

the B16 i had bought as a short blocc from a friend for only 20 buccs so i couldnt let that go and the crank ive had from past builts the rods came from my 92 Gsr .... could i just use any kind of pistons or is there a certain ones i need ..thanks

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Ok I'm going to try and help you out here.

First off do you have a gsr crank from a b17 or a b18c? Big difference, the b17 crank is 81.5mm stroke the b18c crank is 87.2mm of stroke.

You won't be able to use the b17 rods with the b18c crank. There's nothing wrong with using the 87mm crank with the b16 block but you would need to buy new rods to the specific size you would need. Also the piston size will depend on the rod length.

I'm all for using stock honda parts to gain power so don't think this is a dumb idea. H23 cranks are used in B18 blocks a lot for extra displacement, just have to massage a few other things to get it all working smoothly.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If you do that I would get some aftermarket rods. You'll need something around 128mm in length if you want to use oem pistons. Your B17 rods are 132mm, If you want to use them you'll need some custom pistons made with a commpression height of around 26mm.

lksdG2

"just have to message a few other things to get it all working smoothly."

nice choice of words, ill have to remember that one