B16 swap question.

hidenplanvew

you could always do a b16/b18 combo, if you have some extra cash there not to exspensive... I like b16 1,2,3 and b18 4 and 5 gears or b16 trans with an ls final drive

nicoalex2

Can i ask why you're putting the b16 in? Is your engine not doing to well? If you add your tranny to a b16 engine it will make it slower. The b16 has less torque than what your b18a has.

DAWGSwlms22

my engine is just getting old, and is starting to tick a little bit. so while i have the money to just up and get a swap, i'm going to before the motor goes out and i won't have the money at the time.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I have a b17 with my ls trans, I love it, you can top out higher and get the same or better mileage as your ls motor. You can do like 45-50 in first. And drop second gear at 60 on the freeway and take off!! You'll be happy. Ya, you get better acceleration with the lower gearing in the other tranny's but not by much. And when you beef it up and put more power down, you'll want the longer gears anyway. Less time wasted shifting, more time vtakkin' lol