B16 Tranny Problem-Mainshaft bearing sitting too high

b20ztegman

Hey guys, just joined up and have a pretty technical question. I have a 94 Teg and I am doing a B20Z swap into it with B16 tranny.
I just bought the tranny and the guy I got it from had the case already split.
He also had 3rd gear syncronizer and sleeve removed due to it being chewed on pretty badly.
I am planning to buy the kit to replace 3rd and 4th gear with carbon upgrades from Synchrotech Transmissions website.
My question is that when I started looking at re-assembling the main shaft components to make sure they were all there, I discovered that the back end bearing was sitting up about 1/8" too high and would not let the case go all the way back down so that the c-clip will snap into place.
I pulled a schematic on the B series tranny from a 99 Si Civic and all the parts seem to be there and in place correctly. I have taken it apart several times and put it back together but it always ends up with the top bearing sitting too tall on the rear end of the mainshaft.

Guess this is for the more in depth technical guys cause I need some help figuring this one out. Its got me stumped.
I need to see if anyone else has ever came across this same problem and had any luck figuring it out.