b16 transmission in a DA, what axles should I use?

boricuag007

I have a b20b with a b16 tranny my question is what axels can I use that wont make axel pop out?its a 93 da ls thanks.:(

95B18BTurbo

Well is the transmission still cable or is it hydro? If it's cable use the axles for your year Integra, if it's hydro use axles for a 94-01 Integra. Regardless they shouldn't be popping out, so you might have bigger issues if you have the correct ones.

boricuag007

yeah I think its hydro and thanks for the axel size I ask everywhere no one know how can I check if its cable or hydro
??

dannyseps

yeah I think its hydro and thanks for the axel size I ask everywhere no one know how can I check if its cable or hydro
??
Hydro will have a master cylinder.
Cable will have a cable running out of the fire wall
Running between the intake and the valve cover down to the front of
Trany, u can't miss it. If it is cable there will be a hook bolted to one of the
Back valve over bolts holding the cable.

dannyseps

I have a b20b with a b16 tranny my question is what axels can I use that wont make axel pop out?its a 93 da ls thanks.:(
I had a similar problem. I had a bad motor mount and the damn axle would pop out.
Got a new one and it hasn't done it since.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
thanks guys for all ur feedback.any one know which is the best tranny fluid around.

Honda MTF and Synchromesh together.
Paden gave you IMO the best option for daily driving/spirited driving and some track day use.

I used to run Honda/GM Syncromesh blends it was fine.
I ran AMSOIL MTF, i killed that in a track day...i was kind of mad about that
Motul Gear 300 fluid is awesome. that and a bit of syncromesh. Kick Ass. I think next season im switching to something else.

My point is transmission fluid depends on the application you go for. OEM is the best transmission fluid for what you need.

boricuag007

quick question I bought penzoil syncro for the tranny and mobil 1 full synch are these two any good just want to know before I put them in thanks for the feed back.

Sammich

^what the newb said...heard alot of good things about penzoil syncromesh..supposedly that's the same stuff i believe, generally what GM uses

boricuag007

Paden gave you IMO the best option for daily driving/spirited driving and some track day use.

I used to run Honda/GM Syncromesh blends it was fine.
I ran AMSOIL MTF, i killed that in a track day...i was kind of mad about that
Motul Gear 300 fluid is awesome. that and a bit of syncromesh. Kick Ass. I think next season im switching to something else.

My point is transmission fluid depends on the application you go for. OEM is the best transmission fluid for what you need.
I have the gm syncro can I use just that in the tranny or do I need to mix.