B16A SIR 2 Integra SWAP

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Im just saying if you're gonna do a swap period go straight for what you want dont play beat around the bush till you get there. If you dont have the money wait until you do; youll be so much happier when you do.

Although I don't have any issues with a b16 swap, I completely agree with what he is saying here.

FauxTypeR

Agreed with that part.

Why not just sell your GS and put the money from that toward a GSR? I'm sure if you got 2k for your car, plus the 2500 you plan on spending for that B16, you could find a decent GSR and skip the hassle.
its on craigslist right now but i dont want to be carless for a long time i have school and work so i need a car, screw the bus haha if no one offers me a good price ill just keep my car and swap the motor, but if i do sell it, ill get the GSR :)

cborden

Jesus is THE way
its on craigslist right now but i dont want to be carless for a long time i have school and work so i need a car, screw the bus haha if no one offers me a good price ill just keep my car and swap the motor, but if i do sell it, ill get the GSR :)
Why not just drive your gs to school and back until someone buys it or you save up enough for a type r to swap it, tax time is here you should hopefully get some extra change in

itzrivera

^^^ I lol'd when I saw that.

I just saw a b18c on hmotorsonline.com, where I got my jdm b18c and love it, for 3k; motor, trans and ecu. I know you said you still need the mani conversion but what's left? linkage and a couple cylinders?
linkage, shifter + knob, conversion mount, starter, clutch kit, 5 speed half shaft, axles (if they're bad), baking sheet, various bolts nuts washers, pedals,, and clutch master and slave cylinders with lines

the swap is worth it. atleast from my experience

95B18BTurbo

I can see why you would spend that on a complete swap. I just can't justify the cost in my head because I've done it before for much less. It just takes time and parts hunting patience.

The other option is to save your cash, sell your current car w/ slush box, and buy one with the total sum that already has a 5-speed/vtec motor. Just a thought here.

FauxTypeR

I can see why you would spend that on a complete swap. I just can't justify the cost in my head because I've done it before for much less. It just takes time and parts hunting patience.

The other option is to save your cash, sell your current car w/ slush box, and buy one with the total sum that already has a 5-speed/vtec motor. Just a thought here.
yeah my friend is looking for the motor at a cheper price than HMOTORS, and i would love to just have a gsr with the no hassle swap! btw whats a slush box?

FauxTypeR

linkage, shifter + knob, conversion mount, starter, clutch kit, 5 speed half shaft, axles (if they're bad), baking sheet, various bolts nuts washers, pedals,, and clutch master and slave cylinders with lines

the swap is worth it. atleast from my experience
how much did you pay? also HMOTORS gives me like 85% of that stuff :) i dont think it comes with the shifter,knob, (baking sheet o_O?) pedals, and i think slave cylinders with lines. not sure on the last 2 things u mentioned

cborden

Jesus is THE way
Other places maybe cheaper but I know of alot of people that have used hmotorsonline and Ive heard of zero probs, plus I believe their engines are supposed to have less than 30k guaranteed and you get a guarantee for, I believe, the first year if you change out all the parts that come on the list with engine.

itzrivera

how much did you pay? also HMOTORS gives me like 85% of that stuff :) i dont think it comes with the shifter,knob, (baking sheet o_O?) pedals, and i think slave cylinders with lines. not sure on the last 2 things u mentioned
I spent about 1000 on parts give or take a few hundred. The baking sheet is to cover the hole you have left after taking out the auto shifter and making room for the shift linkage.

Its not a tough thing to do. you just need some time and patience. and you'll definitely learn a lot about your car in the process

96LSteg

Jemel
Other places maybe cheaper but I know of alot of people that have used hmotorsonline and Ive heard of zero probs, plus I believe their engines are supposed to have less than 30k guaranteed and you get a guarantee for, I believe, the first year if you change out all the parts that come on the list with engine.
i believe that these guarantees are all riding on the fact that you have to have the components professionally installed. If you do it yourself all of that warranty/guarantee crap goes out the window....