B16B Stroked.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
Hey guys what's up. I am getting a b16b for my da9. now, I know that these can be stroked to 1.8 and even 2.0 if bored. my question is: Would it be safe to use the Crank, and rods from the B18A1 (214xxx miles) or should I just go with Type R internals. This is what I know about compression so far:

All compression numbers below are based on 81mm bore, using the rods that match the crank (ls rods with ls crank and GSR/ITR rods with GSR/ITR crank), b16a/b head, and stock head gasket:

-ITR/GSR crank and GSR/ITR rods with CTR pistons: 12.74
-ITR/GSR crank and GSR/ITR rods with JDM P73-00 ITR pistons: 11.32
-ITR/GSR crank and GSR/ITR rods with JDM P30 B16a pistons: 11.27

-LS crank and LS rods with CTR pistons: 13.0
-LS crank and LS rods with with JDM P73-00 ITR pistons: 11.53
-LS crank and LS rods with JDM P30 B16a pistons: 11.48

esco115

Fawk a Title!
i personally go with stronger rods vs higher compression... IMO cuz like every honda ur gonna rev the fk out of it

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
i personally go with stronger rods vs higher compression... IMO cuz like every honda ur gonna rev the fk out of it
hahahah true dat. I only want around 11.5

acclude

cheap bastard
Well you're gonna want a higher flowing head and better cams so it sounds like a head swap may be in order. I think the ITR rods/crank w/CTR pistons is the way I would go if I were you. Are you dead set on keeping the B16 to build?

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I love the b16b. I just think it is a great engine and I just want to make it a 1.8 (cheaper than the Type R)

IntegraGstypeR

so your buying a CTR motor??? I think that motor performance wise is decent already. i personally wouldnt spend the money to stroke it to a 1.8. id rather buy a ls block or gsr or type-r which is the same and spend the money on that.

House Special

I'll KICK YA FUCKIN AASS!
well the B16B uses a 1.8 block anyway. The motor is fine as is but if you want to bump it up find a ITR crank and go from there.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I guess I will have to wait and see. I have never driven a b16b and I don't know anyone that has. Closest I have come is the b16a2. Thank you guys a lot for all of the information. I just needed to know where to start if I decided to beef it up Just in case kind of a thing. Thanks again.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
If I had a B16B, I'd leave it as is. Call me boring, but I feel that Type R engines should be left alone.

IntegraGstypeR

If I had a B16B, I'd leave it as is. Call me boring, but I feel that Type R engines should be left alone.
thats another thing i would do...

Type-r motors performance wise dont get me up set..I actually like how type-r engines run. From my experience only they have nice power and rev. So id also keep it stock besides maybe I/H/E. But its your money and people wana build.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
And I kinda feel the same way about it. Honda built it to be how it is so why mess with it. As I said I have no idea what to expect from this motor but I know that it will be fun. Thanks to you guys all I have to decide on now (it's weird to only be thinking about 2 things for a car) are Intake options and Body work. either I find 1/4 panels and a hatch or I get raped by a body shop. this is the first time I have been just sitting and waiting for parts and stuff as well.

If you guys have any ideas on where to get panels and what intake has worked well that would be extremely appreciated.

IntegraGstypeR

And I kinda feel the same way about it. Honda built it to be how it is so why mess with it. As I said I have no idea what to expect from this motor but I know that it will be fun. Thanks to you guys all I have to decide on now (it's weird to only be thinking about 2 things for a car) are Intake options and Body work. either I find 1/4 panels and a hatch or I get raped by a body shop. this is the first time I have been just sitting and waiting for parts and stuff as well.

If you guys have any ideas on where to get panels and what intake has worked well that would be extremely appreciated.
whale penis for an intake(IMO). As for .25 panels Im sure craigslist will have them. If not then I dont know.....but GL with the project

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I tried the junk yard but they were no help. Bad rust issue with the DA. Thanks for the info and the recomends.