B17 head OK to use for Ls Vtec?

Teggy95SE

Ls Vtec

ok, so I have a 95 Integra Se. My cousin is going to give me a b17A1 head from the 2nd gen GSR. Please tell me this will work just like a B16 head or a B18C head. I haven't seen anyone with this conversion so if someone has, please let me know. I need to know whether or not it will work and has anyone has probs. out of it?

Winki

Undercover mod
it will work it is just not quite a good as a pr-3 or p-72 or 73
still vtec upgrade cams and valve springs and retainers and your golden

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Bigblock-B said:
it will work it is just not quite a good as a pr-3 or p-72 or 73
still vtec upgrade cams and valve springs and retainers and your golden
It will work I'm doing that build right now. Also why isn't as good as those heads your talking about. Its a dohc vtec b-series head, there all practically the same.

Winki

Undercover mod
Aussie said:
It will work I'm doing that build right now. Also why isn't as good as those heads your talking about. Its a dohc vtec b-series head, there all practically the same.
didn't say it was bad at all if i rember corectly my mechanic told me it just doesnt flow quite a good or have as good of a valvetain but if your building your head that doesn't matter at all like you said practically the same. just slight diff :D

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I know the olny thing with the b17 heads is that like the b18c5 heads the commpression would be lower than if a b18c head was used.

Winki

Undercover mod
IT's all good vtec is still vtec :)