B17a1 NA build Questions??

navysailor956

Whats the most one could make from a B17 if going for a N/A build. Tips on achieving that, specifically internals, would be appreciated.

mattness

LOL @ probably not that much! just cause you think yours is mo betta, which it very well may be! Either way your comment does not answer his question

jdean41

id probably say 250 if you completely build, high compression pistons, cams, cam gears, valves & springs, chipped and tuned ecu and give it a complete real tune and id say 250 max. which 250 in a teg is pretty wicked.

integration718

the b17 was a great motor it has a lot of potential I did the poor mans type R with a b17 I used I used 99 civic si head with skunk 2 springs & retainers,JDM civic type R pistons with rods,usdmintegra type R cams total horsepower 205.

Prozon

Kris
Either way your comment does not answer his question
Neither does yours.

If you're going N/A, then the pistons and cams are where it's at. Get some higher compression pistons, I suggest upgrading rods just for good measure. Do a little research and find the cams that will best suit your setup.

id probably say 250 if you completely build, high compression pistons, cams, cam gears, valves & springs, chipped and tuned ecu and give it a complete real tune and id say 250 max. which 250 in a teg is pretty wicked.
Umm, I hope you aren't talking wheel HP...you'd be hard pressed to get 200whp out of a B17 without going with forced induction or spraying. Even a fully built high comp N/A build isn't going to see much over 185-190whp if it's still the 1.7l displacement.

the b17 was a great motor it has a lot of potential I did the poor mans type R with a b17 I used I used 99 civic si head with skunk 2 springs & retainers,JDM civic type R pistons with rods,usdmintegra type R cams total horsepower 205.
You better be talking flywheel hp...You do realize that the b17 has a PR3 head casting, just like the Si head correct?
Edit: Also, how did you run a b17 crank with b16 rods and CTR pistons and not slap the pistons with the valves? You're claiming to have had a b16/17 block with an 81.4mm stroke, 134mm rod length, B16B pistons that are high comp(high domed), and it all spun freely and worked? I find this hard to believe....

Last edited:

navysailor956

Thanks for all the comment, I'm gonna got with the B17 just cuz theres not that many out there and I think I'd get some props for workin with one.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I have a b17 that makes a good bit of power, however it has a brian crower stroker kit in it.

92gsrboy

Thanks for all the comment, I'm gonna got with the B17 just cuz theres not that many out there and I think I'd get some props for workin with one.
i give you props for having/working with one....but then again i might be biased cause i have one...lol

jdean41

id say 200 or a lil more out of a full build straight whp. Please keep the b17. They are very few and far between and they are great engines.

jdean41

u would be suprised. you can make 200 plus out of a b18c and theres barely any difference in displacement.
b17 specs-Displacement (cc):
Power (bhp@rpm):
160 @ 7,600 rpm
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm):
117 @ 7,000 rpm
Compression Ratio:
9.7:1
Bore (mm):
Stroke (mm):

b18 specs
HP: 180hp@7600
Torque: 129 lb-ft@6200