b17a1 rebuild question

red.line

Nice, another B17! I'll be keeping an eye on this, very interested to see your progress. :thumbs up

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
im sure it a direct bolt on.
Well there's your option for cheap cams. Look for some on Craigslist I'm sure you can find a set. Check out the vtec cam specs sticky in the all motor info forum, it helped me out a lot.

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
yes u can u allready are changin ur springs n retainers so yeah u can use type r cams my guy used ctr intake cam and itr exhaust cam

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
The CTR intake cam has a bit more duration than the early spec ITR cams so you'll feel it throughout the power band more

xusake

Ok today is the day of my motor getting pull out of my db2, and with these question being asked and answered. This is my plan, im just gonna do a complete stock rebuild so it be a fresh motor, so in the long run if i decide to sell it i'll get more out of it. and just get some misc stuff just for upgrade with obx lsd on my tran. Any ideas on what i should also do please PM or comment back. Thanks.

evilminion88

I ate the bones
Don't want to spray or turbo? Do what I'm doing for my rebuild... throw in some High Compression pistons to raise your compression from that weak stock 9.5:1 to 11:1 compression! I found it was the perfect upgrade because it will give the motor more power without anyone else besides you to know. Throw in a set of cams on that and you'll have an effective daily driver that can pack a decent punch.

Last edited:

xusake

Don't want to spray or turbo? Do what I'm doing for my rebuild... throw in some High Compression pistons to raise your compression from that weak stock 9.5:1 to 11:1 compression! I found it was the perfect upgrade because it will give the motor more power without anyone else besides you to know. Throw in a set of cams on that and you'll have an effective daily driver that can pack a decent punch.
There 9:7:1 CR stocks, but i was just thinking about 10.4 CR from the b16a