b18 turbo manifold question

davetomer

dave
i was wondering if there were any manifolds for a b18b1 that had a mitsubishi flange on it. i have a set up off of a secong gen eclipse that i think would work perfect on my stock motor till i can build my spare up. any input would b greatly appreciated.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the mitsubishi bolt pattern wont line up the the B series exhaust side. You can reclock it and re drill everything to fit though..i woulddnt recomend it

90tegwhite

Keep Droolin' Im Spoolin'
build an adaptor yourself dude... if you have the resources of coarse.... i had a 2nd gen mitsu eclipse 14b turbo on a stock d16y7 89 civic dx

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
that turbo is too small for a b series motor
How did you come to that conclusion? He never even said what turbo it is. The fact that he is talking about a Mitsu flange indicates it's not a factory turbo, unless of course he doesn't know what he has. The 2nd gen Eclipse came with a Garrett turbo from the factory, not an MHI. But yes, the stock 2G turbo is too small for just about anything.

So the real question is, what turbo do you have?

davetomer

dave
i honestly dont know what turbo it is my buddy just told me its the stock one off of a second gen. i just want an easy sutup and figured the internal wastegate would be easier. does anyone have a suggestion on a turbo that would be good for a stock b18 until i can build my other block. im only looking for 8 to 10 pounds but would like to push 15 to 20 later on down the road. thanks for all the help