B18a coolant system Question

Charly[horse]

Name = John
So I have been researching and cant figure out what this part is called. First off I have a b18a. Anyway I need to know what the part behind the lower hose in the rear is called. I am leaking coolant out of there so it would be better to replace that whole little piece rather than trying to seal it with silicone or w/e. If you know what I am talking about let me know. Thanks
Heres a far away pic this is where the hose attaches to the engine (the bottom hose, closer to the firewall)

I think it is leaking out of the joint like a centimeter away from where the end of the hose is

Might be the heater hoses but I'll replace both parts just to be sure

Last edited:

Charly[horse]

Name = John
There is a thermostat in the back too? Sorry I'm ignorant, if so then I'll just replace the thermostat and clean it up to make sure there is a good seal back there.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Ok did more research and looks like your right. I got it mixed up and thought the thermostat was the other hose. So I am going to replace the gasket there and get a new thermostat while I am at it (because I am not convinced that it works properly after overheating issues last summer). I will post back here saying how it worked so people in the future can search and find this thread

BankiBoi

dude if u had overheating issues a year ago and just now trying to fix it u may have done some damage

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Hes lucky if he didnt but he could just mean it got hotter then normal a few times. Id assume though by now he fixed whatever was the problem at the time. Id definately be concerned about any prolonged overheating instances though.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Hey haven't gotten to it yet. I don't mean this to be rude but I'm not ignorant enough to drive an overheating car for a year lol. And It was a one time thing, my fans weren't working so I replaced them. Since then I have also replaced my radiator and hoses. It isn't a problem at all, or at least wasn't over the winter. I just want to be safe. This is more of a loosing coolant issue rather than a overheating issue. I am just replacing the thermostat because it is cheap and I am in there anyway.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Alright so the problem is resolved. I replaced the thermostat (since I was in there) and the gasket on the thermostat. All Honda OEM stuff. The old one was really beat up and looked brown and nasty. It hasn't leaked all weekend. Thanks bankboi for enlightening my newb mind. :p

BankiBoi

Hope you didn't put it in upside down but u believe in you lol your welcome

BankiBoi

If you have a teg lower then 00 u need to bleed the air out the coolant