B18A1 valve adjustment

elstraitjacket

what tools will i need to adjust the valve clearance on my 92 gs? specifically, is it necessary to have a special valve adjustment tool, or can i use a 12mm wrench for the lock nut and a flathead screwdriver? also, what size socket do i need for the crank and can i access it without removing the wheel?

thanks guys!

elstraitjacket

ok cool. i heard somewhere that the locknuts were recessed, making a special tool necessary for that aspect of the job. i will tackle this job in the morning, weather permitting. thanks guys!

elstraitjacket

ok, couldn't do the job today, it was raining all morning. DC in august, man...

maq

Make sure your engine is cooled off when you begin. And have a new valve cover gasket handy just in case. Mine always expand when i removed it.

bigcurt

I just finished this job about an hour ago. I had a broken rocker arm that needed replacing so I just went ahead and adjusted my valves while I was in there. Im not sure if my top end is a b18a1 or b1 however I adjusted my valves to the following specs: .003 Intake .006 Exhaust. Would these numbers be ok on a b18a1?

bigcurt

Started my teg and now it sounds as if its cammed out. Dont know if it should sound that way.