b18a1 vs b18b valve cover

so I went to the pick and pull the other day and picked up a b18a1 valve cover, i want to replace my old tired looking one which is a b18b1.. is there anything i have to do to switch valve covers? Or is it just an easy switch and no modification needed?

94RS

No fucks given.
do you know which gasket?
I believe it's just this one. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Victor-Reinz-Valve-Cover-Gasket/1994-Acura-Integra/_/N-j0tjtZ8iics?itemIdentifier=142916_206573_0_

2 year warranty for $30. Can probably find it cheaper if you shop around.

I bought an A1 valve cover from a junkyard too for $4 :thumbs up Damn thing was like 10 rows over from where the only Integra in the lot was.

I wanna eventually get it PC'd gold.

well it still has the gasket attachet to it, well did.. i puled it apart while stripping it.. think i should buy a new one? re use the old one? it seemed in really good shape

94RS

No fucks given.
I'd buy a new one just to be sure. Never hurts to be overly protective of your engine, right?

yes you do have a good point.. might as well replace it now and put it on, instead of having to take it off later and there be a bigger problem

BankiBoi

Valve cover gasket takes about 10 mins to do. You need
10mm socket
Pliers
Screw driver
And maybe a Alan wrench
Just replace those spark plug rubbers with new ones, wipe it down clean first and try not to lose the washers that sit below the nuts holding down the valve cover

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

is there anything i would have to do to the intake manifold hose, that runs tot he b18b1 valve cover since in switching to a b18a1? i could just plug the hole right?

pinkley

b@115D33p
I have a valve cover gasket set in the forsale thread. New in the box!!! Pm me if your interested!

94RS

No fucks given.
is there anything i would have to do to the intake manifold hose, that runs tot he b18b1 valve cover since in switching to a b18a1? i could just plug the hole right?
I'm assuming you have an OBD2 then.

You just need to plug the holes. You'll be good :thumbs up