B18b in 92 da ls

Tepa510

Can I slap on a b18b on my 92 teg ls? Will the cable tranny work with it? Do I have to modify anything? Not trying to make it obd2 yet. My b18a1 is starting to give out.
Thanks

Prozon

Kris
It should bolt right up. The only differences would be OBD1 and OBD2. If the motor is from a newer car it will be OBD2 and you will need to use your distributor and injectors.

I have a B18b1 in my '93. ;)

j13

Keep It Clean
it will work, just get the block and head and bolt everything over from your original engine.

Tepa510

Really. Cool. Should I get jdm b18b 94-95 obd1 or a usdm b18b obd1

Prozon

Kris
USDM? I assume it's cheaper. Although I couldn't possibly care any less then I do about JDM. Tired of hearing about all these damn JDM fanboys lol.

CALI-BEAR-DA9

CALIFOOLYA RAIDER
:thumbs up
it will work, just get the block and head and bolt everything over from your original engine.
i did this swap to my 91 da9 my b18a1 gave up the ass, so i upgraded to a 97 b18b1 and used my stock intake mani. dizzy. fuel rail w/injectors and my cable tranny and now my da9 is runnin like a champ.. :thumbs up

stevengh1990

I have a 2000 ls b18b1 engine with 50k on it and i'm trying to sell it. I've had no problems with it but the car itself is just a hastle. How much can I ger for the engine. Also i'm trying to sell my stage 1 racing clutch which is brand new. Any ideas would help