B18b over heating

DAejay

I've already replaced the thermostat and water pump is running. My car warms up just fine but once I start to drive it my temp shoots up. Fans seem to run. Can anyone tell me whaat the problem is ?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Coolant, radiator possibly blocked, thermostat, water pump, or worst case your head gasket is blown.

Does it smoke when it overheats or just overheat?

DAejay

Doesnt make any smoke just heats up, ive already put coolant and it still does the same thing.

cvcrcr99

Check coolant levels. Are you overheating at idle/traffic, or when moving/highway? Do the fans turn on?

DAejay

over heating when moving and how can i check to see if coolant is staying inside staying inside the radiator?

itzrivera

I know you mentioned that the fans turn on, but do they turn on when the car is overheating?

If they turn on when the ac is on, but not when the car is overheating then your radiator fan switch (aka ECT switch) is busted.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If its doing it while moving and you replaced the THERMOSTAT and WATER PUMP and it's NOT SMOKING then your radiator might be clogged/not working/etc.

DAejay

the resovoir still has coolant inside, im looking to replace the radiator to see if it will fix the problem, anyone know of any good aftermarket radiators or should i just go with the oem one im also looking to rebild the motor with b16 pistons any suggestions

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Oem radiator is good, depending on price after market like Mishimoto is a good option as well.

DA9teg1

if its your fan sensor switch. i bought mine and the guy got tired of it going out on him so he hooked it up to an AUX switch inside but im guna hook it up to the ignition somehow.

Haxto

Mine didnt come on but it still never overheated! I guess the air flow was sufficient w/o the fan. I didnt like running with no fan and disconnected the fan, ran a jumper wire to the battery to verify that the fan worked then plugged it back in and pullex the conector at the fan switch and jumped the two wires at the switch so that my fan always runs when the motor runs (or the key is in the "run" position). The only downside to doing this is if you live in colder climate your car takes longer to warm up (and longer to use the heater). Im not sweatin that in LA.

'99 Teg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk