b18b swap in G2

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
Hey guys. So I have came to a decision. Im going to be putting a b18b in my 1990 sedan. Will this motor just drop right in? or do I have to do extra work?

Depending on the OBD you might have to change ECU, distributor, and injectors.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
You could technically just use your obd0 stuff but I'd upgrade to whatever obd it is

Cripton805

Well Ill use whatever comes with it, haha
Well then, we can't answer your question. We need to know what year the swap is from and yours.
If not, you might need more than you think.

Is this a complete swap? What?

The newer trans are Hydro and won't bolt up to your cable. You can keep your stock cable trans.

Prozon

Kris
The third gens mounts would be different, but the second gen mounts will bolt to the B1.
Like mentioned the transmission in a third gen won't work without modifications to the clutch system on the car.
The injectors and distributor from your car can be swapped over to the B1 for simplicity.

Yup yup.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
The third gens mounts would be different, but the second gen mounts will bolt to the B1.
Like mentioned the transmission in a third gen won't work without modifications to the clutch system on the car.
The injectors and distributor from your car can be swapped over to the B1 for simplicity.

Yup yup.
Thanks man! I thought the mounts were the same! I'm not using my stock transmisson because it is a auto! I'm getting a 5 speed with the motor.

If not to long could you explain why I would need to swap over the distributer and injectors?