B18B timing help

95teggy92

how do u time a b18b1 i know what every thing is so u dont have to dumb it up but i have never done it my dad has but only on v-8's and i need help big time any help is useful thanks

FullCry

I know for sure on a 90 model that first you must jump the blue connector under the pass side dash. You then hook up the timing light and warm up the engine or have it warmed up first. There are two marks on the crank pulley or should be. A white one which is for setting the engine timing like when doing a timing belt job---this is TDC. Then there is a red mark which is where the timing should be set with the engine running. There should be a pointer on the lower plastic timing cover or one of some kind I can't remember which. If when using the timnig light the red dot is on then your ok. If not, then lossen all three bolts on the distributor---which having a helper will help----and rotate it a little, if the red dot goes the wrong way have the helper turn the dist. the other way until the mark lines up then tighten the dist and recheck. You may have to look real hard with the light to find the right spot to aim it from.