B18b1 goin boosted

Db2gsrteg

Ive got a b18b1 and im gonna be buildin it on boost. Which garrett turbo would be a good one for this motor? My buddy said a 50 or 60 trim but im tryin to figure out which particular turbo would be good. The engine was ordered about a month or so ago so it has approx between 35000 to 45000 miles. Any feedback is appreciated and thanks for any help

Db2gsrteg

Im gonna be buildin the whole kit from the bottom up and legit with authentic parts and no ebay parts.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
We need alot more information than that. Are you building the engine up? What are your goals? Budget?

92lseg

What are you using it for? Street,strip, autox?? All of this plays into turbo selection..

Db2gsrteg

Dont really have a budget atm. I dont wanna go ebay cheap but not super expensive. Just somethin decent price that i can build up then later on upgrade to higher psi and such. bc me and my buddy are lookin at buildin it from the ground up on about 14 pounds daily. And ill be on the street

TheCrimsonStar

Psi means nothing. Different turbos push different amounts of air at different psi. Need to know what you're planning to build in the way of engine internals and suspension and clutch etc. You cant just slap a turbo kit on and expect it to hold together. How are you going to tune your ecu? Buy a socketed one and get hondata? Crome? Neptune? Lots of stuff needs to be known before we can help. Boosting isn't just turbo and go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dlo253

What they said. You gonna tear the motor down and build it when you get it? If not, that will be your limiting factor for sure.

billy enforsee

Dont really have a budget atm. I dont wanna go ebay cheap but not super expensive. Just somethin decent price that i can build up then later on upgrade to higher psi and such.
I'd highly recommend making a complete parts list along with prices that you find on various websites to know what you're getting into. It's easy to ponder what kind of turbo you want for your anticipated turbo build. Once you do the research and realize all the parts you need, you'll probably answer your own question through your research.

Best of luck with the build.

TheCrimsonStar

Also don't take this as "we aren't helping you" like a lot of people do. We are helping. We want you to be sure you know what you're getting into so you don't mess up your new motor and lose thousands of dollars.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Db2gsrteg

I understand all what you guys are saying and right now im not too sure. I just know that we're building it legit from the ecu to the bov. He said go with a hondata and we're gonna build this motor the right way from the head studs to everything eternal so its able to hold 14 pounds boost daily and can handle up to 20 pounds. Hes on 15 pounds right now on his eg hatch. He said the two best brands to go with are either precision or garrett so thats why i was asking which is the best one out of the two to go for

Db2gsrteg

I appreciate the help and lookout so i dont end up loosin alot of money into this big project guys. So again thanks

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Still have not stated a goal. PSI means nothing. Do you understand "14 pounds" from a large turbo will make way more power than from a small turbo? Thats why we dont use PSI as a yard stick. And I dont know why you picked 14 psi out of thin air.