B18b1 NA parts list?

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
Ok so i've been learning about cams p&p and compression for the past couple of weeks and now i want to start putting together a list of all of the items i will need for this build. So far on the list i have Crower 62404 Cams,Springs and retainers, AEM adjustable cam gears and Aem sri. Not sure for headers or Intake Mani. I also read that a fuel pressure regulator is needed as well as high comp pistons is this necessary?...What kind of compression should I be running for 404's and do they need to run on 93 octane? I already know of a local tuner so that part is taken care of i just want to do this the right way without an screw ups.

phatintegra

Banned
Ok so i've been learning about cams p&p and compression for the past couple of weeks and now i want to start putting together a list of all of the items i will need for this build. So far on the list i have Crower 62404 Cams,Springs and retainers, AEM adjustable cam gears and Aem sri. Not sure for headers or Intake Mani. I also read that a fuel pressure regulator is needed as well as high comp pistons is this necessary?...What kind of compression should I be running for 404's and do they need to run on 93 octane? I already know of a local tuner so that part is taken care of i just want to do this the right way without an screw ups.
Why you want to build a B18B1 motor and not do a LS/VTEC? If anything if your going to keep the B18B1 long block I would just build it up with low compression and put a T3/T4.

What part of Maryland your from?

Brett1414

Why you want to build a B18B1 motor and not do a LS/VTEC? If anything if your going to keep the B18B1 long block I would just build it up with low compression and put a T3/T4.

What part of Maryland your from?
Columbia right near baltimore. I thought about lsv and still am but I really only have like 2500 for engine work so I'm not sure if that will cut it for parts and labor 'the right way'

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
What do you want to do with your car? I would not take a ls vtec to a hpde event. Wouldn't daily a all motor ls.

Brett1414

What do you want to do with your car? I would not take a ls vtec to a hpde event. Wouldn't daily a all motor ls.
DD(Delivery Driver) /Weekend track car. My only true option now seems to just wait for a c1 swap to pop up....i have $3500 left to throw into everything for this car so im sorta kinda on a tight budget but if i have to i will most likely end up going over....hmo doesnt have any gsr swaps and neither do any importers in my area..what do you think would be best? im in no rush just want to get what would be ideal.

Noneed2Hate

DD(Delivery Driver) /Weekend track car. My only true option now seems to just wait for a c1 swap to pop up....i have $3500 left to throw into everything for this car so im sorta kinda on a tight budget but if i have to i will most likely end up going over....hmo doesnt have any gsr swaps and neither do any importers in my area..what do you think would be best? im in no rush just want to get what would be ideal.
craigslist? or finding a GSR for cheap might be another option? although there are probably issues with whatever you buy from there.

Brett1414

craigslist? or finding a GSR for cheap might be another option? although there are probably issues with whatever you buy from there.
Yeah they pop up every once in awhile in my area..hopefully I can find one that's not beat to shit..seems like vtec is the only way to go without boost...are you running a c1 as well?