B18b1 NA parts list?

Ganyon

Look into md jdm motors. For 2500, you could get a jdm b18c or maybe even a b18c from a type r.

phatintegra

Banned
Columbia right near baltimore. I thought about lsv and still am but I really only have like 2500 for engine work so I'm not sure if that will cut it for parts and labor 'the right way'
I'm a little familiar with Columbia I used to own a condo in Clarksville.

Look into md jdm motors. For 2500, you could get a jdm b18c or maybe even a b18c from a type r.
B18C Type R still goes for over $4,000. I can get a JDM B18C (SIR-G) for about that price maybe with the transmission and ECU.

MD JDM Motors, Inc. there in Gaithersburg on AirPark road near the airport. We have bought like (2) JDM B20 motors from them.

Last edited:

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
in the future when im not delivering pizzas i most likely will upgrade, but for now seat time is what ill work on. i spoke to them a few weeks ago and all they have is type r b18c's no sir-g.....but even then they are both over 2500 im sure....for a complete swap that is.

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
I'm a little familiar with Columbia I used to own a condo in Clarksville.

B18C Type R still goes for over $4,000. I can get a JDM B18C (SIR-G) for about that price maybe with the transmission and ECU.

MD JDM Motors, Inc. there in Gaithersburg on AirPark road near the airport. We have bought like (2) JDM B20 motors from them.
oh word!

96-97 spec is about 3300-3500 in md.
98 spec is 4,000+

if you buy a jdm b-series vtec motor type r is a better deal from what i've seen.
and im sort of on a budget. 3,500-4,000 in parts is my max. so type r swap is kind of out of the question. if i could some how find it cheap i would definitely consider it. i'll keep an eye out on md-jdm motors though.

phatintegra

Banned
If your going to do the JDM motors please get yourself a OBD2 motor and OBD2 USDM ECU. You will need it for SMOG. Maryland won't be able to read JDM ECU.

phatintegra

Banned
md has smog? i did not know that.....good to know.
Every 2 years MVA wills send you a letter in the mail that's time for emission. This is why we have emission station in Maryland, lol

I think Ocean City is the only place that does not do SMOG in Maryland.