B18b1 swap for B16A

JDM_$ma$h

Hey guys

I'm new to the forum and had a couple of questions. I'm not sure if this has been talked about already.

I have a 1998 Acura integra ls with a B18B1, I just got a B16A out of a 95 civic. I was wondering what was all needed to do this swap so the B18B1 can be re-built. I know that the B16A is an OBD1 and the teggy is a OBD2. Any information will help. Thanks

Cripton805

You're going to go through a lot of trouble to swap in that B16. Just get a used B18B block. It's going to end up being more expensive with the conversion. On top of that, the B16 will suck on that LS teg. It's going to be slower than a B18B

Kinta94

It's not really worth it unless your going to convert to obd1 and stay. If you were then go ahead and swap in the b16 no it's not going to be fast but you have vtec! Ha for the swap you need to wire vtec, new ecu, obd2 to obd1 conversion harness, and more it's easy but costly IMO for no big power gain

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
i beleive you can put in the b16a using same mounts, axles, wiring harness, etc. you might have to swap over a few things in order to stay obd2, like injectors from the B18B1.

and then you can just wire in the couple wires needed for VTEC

oh, and theoretically, the B16A is only down like 10hp from a gsr, just because it has a little less torque doesn't mean it's going to be slower. 160hp > 140hp

Last edited:

Dustin P.

WFOriders
just put the b16a head on your ls block. go ls/vtech you got all the stuff to do it mostly.