B18B1 Swap from a 2000 Integra

GonzoDA9

I have been working on my swap and I recently hit a bump in the road and I am experiencing difficulties electrically, maybe the wire harness or ecu doesnt match up, one thing I know is wrong is my distributor, I need another one but here is the other catch, the dizzy is a bit different from the original 1990 teggy, and the 2000 is somewhat, the mounts match but its the wires, wont match up with original 1990 harness, and I also heard the fuel injectors were different because in the 2000 models had individual fuel injectors so I heard to fix that id have to rewire myself a custom wire harness, am I on the right path? From my description can any of you help me out with this?

Ps. First post New Member. Newb Status.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
just get a obd2 engine harness for your obd2 engine. dizzy is different for obd1 (2plugs) and obd2 ( 1 plug). just save yourself the headache and just get an obd2 harness. oh and you need obd2 ecu too. then use jumper to go obd1

edit: dependings also on obd2a or obd2b

Last edited:

GonzoDA9

I am swapping a 2000 engine to a 1990 DA shell. The only problem I can see now is the wire harness and dist. The first one the dude gave me with the car was a one plug dizzy(rectangle in shape) & then I found another that had two plugs d the mounts were perfect(the one that came with the shell only screwed in one side) so I gutted them both out a swapped the correct wires matching my wire harness(from a 1990 Integra) and when I tried starting it, I turned the key and nothing happend. Then, I put power from the battery to the starter and I was hearing it wanting to start, but no power from dizzy. So, before I go off and buy more stuff that doesnt seem to work, what should I do with the dizzy and wire harness, do I need to create a custom harness? Which dizzy should I get, and what obd setting is easiest for this type of swap, please forgive me, im just a baby panda egg in the honda motor head world.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
I am swapping a 2000 engine to a 1990 DA shell. The only problem I can see now is the wire harness and dist. The first one the dude gave me with the car was a one plug dizzy(rectangle in shape) & then I found another that had two plugs d the mounts were perfect(the one that came with the shell only screwed in one side) so I gutted them both out a swapped the correct wires matching my wire harness(from a 1990 Integra) and when I tried starting it, I turned the key and nothing happend. Then, I put power from the battery to the starter and I was hearing it wanting to start, but no power from dizzy. So, before I go off and buy more stuff that doesnt seem to work, what should I do with the dizzy and wire harness, do I need to create a custom harness? Which dizzy should I get, and what obd setting is easiest for this type of swap, please forgive me, im just a baby panda egg in the honda motor head world.
well if you get an appropriate wire harness for your engine, OBD2, everything should connect just fine. obd1 dizzy has 2plugs while obd2 only have one.