b18b1 swap help..

CALI-BEAR-DA9

CALIFOOLYA RAIDER
im working on my b18b1 swap intp my da.. so i dropped the block in last night and the driver side motor mount wont line up with the hole for the bolt, im using my stock b18a1 mounts should i be using the mount for the 97 b18b can someone clue me in on this before i bust my knuckles again tryin to get it to work.. :what:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Did you use the mount post from your stock motor on the driver side? The one that your rubber bushing goes on to, if not then switch those out and try again

You need to pull the base plate of the driver mount off the A1 block and put it on the B1. It's the piece that goes between the driver side motor mount and the block. You can not use the B1 motor mount from the 97.
It should be 3 bolts, and you'll have to remove the valve cover and the outer upper timing cover.

CALI-BEAR-DA9

CALIFOOLYA RAIDER
You need to pull the base plate of the driver mount off the A1 block and put it on the B1. It's the piece that goes between the driver side motor mount and the block. You can not use the B1 motor mount from the 97.
It should be 3 bolts, and you'll have to remove the valve cover and the outer upper timing cover.
so i gotta use the base plate that bolts up to the block from my a1 and use the mount off a b1.. so im basically mixing and matching the mounts to make it work.. :thumbs up