b18b1 swap???

treybombRW

hey i am looking into doing a motor swap. i have 92 ls with high k's and its in need of a water pump timing belt job and probably more. i am thinking about putting a b18b1 into my car. is it possible? do you need to change a bunch of stuff in the engine bay? will it mount to my ys1 tranny with no problems? any info on this would be great. also.... dumb question... can a motor that is originally from a manual car be put into an auto? if so what needs to be done the the motor to make it work properly with my tranny.... if it needs modification that is.

borderlineracin

borderline racing
thats a lotta work guy good luck u wont really have to do anything to the bay i would paint it while it dont have the motor and u can put a stick in a car that was auto so u must be able to swap a stick to auto tranny

hey i am looking into doing a motor swap. i have 92 ls with high k's and its in need of a water pump timing belt job and probably more. i am thinking about putting a b18b1 into my car. is it possible? do you need to change a bunch of stuff in the engine bay? will it mount to my ys1 tranny with no problems? any info on this would be great. also.... dumb question... can a motor that is originally from a manual car be put into an auto? if so what needs to be done the the motor to make it work properly with my tranny.... if it needs modification that is.
Yes, the B18b1 is a direct bolt in. Make your life easier and just get one that is already ODB1. If not, you'll need the OBD1 distributor and injectors off your A1.
Yes it will mount up to your trans fine. B series is B series(in this case anyway).
Yes, a motor that was originally in an auto car can go into a manual. You just have to remove the torque converter and the auto flywheel and bolt up your manual flywheel, clutch disk, and pressure plate. Then it's just bolting up the trans and dropping it in.

Side note, you will have to pull the upper timing covers off to remove the lower half of the driver side motor mount from the B1 and bolt your A1 bottom half up in it's place. (This can be done in conjunction with the timing belt and water pump. Trust me, it's better to do it now than wait till the motor is in the car). The B1 mounts are different than the A1 mounts as the B1 is out of a G3 and the A1 is out of a G2.