B18C engine information

KaosTheory

DSMER
ok i have a guestion, I have a JDM B-18C.....thats all the engine code says....the guys at work(Speedfetish) have told me that it was a GS-R motor...but Ive read in a couple magazines that it is a Type R long block motor.....WTF!....So if any of you know what i have can you please inform me...thanks

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Well, the JDM B18C came in 2 different cars apparently:

1. 1995-1997 Integra SiR
178HP@7600 + 129lb-ft.@6200
10.6:1 compression

2. 1995-2000 Integra Type R
197HP@8000 + 134lb-ft.@7500
11.0:1 compression

Both have 1797 cc's of displacement, which is the same as all the USDM B18C's.
Both these engines only say B18C as an engine code.

That's all the info I have on the JDM B18C's.

Last edited:

ca86108

i bet its just a b18c1 gsr.. if its c5 its type r, which i doubt ul have.. does it got the red valve cover

KaosTheory

DSMER
ca86108 said:
i bet its just a b18c1 gsr.. if its c5 its type r, which i doubt ul have.. does it got the red valve cover
thats the funny thing.....when i got my inspection done, i know the guy who did it very well and he wouldnt lie to me, he said i had a B-16 cam cover....valve cover..samething......and it is a B-18C thats all it says...the one hasent rubbed off!lol remember it is a JDM motor and tranny.

KaosTheory

DSMER
KaosTheory said:
thats the funny thing.....when i got my inspection done, i know the guy who did it very well and he wouldnt lie to me, he said i had a B-16 cam cover....valve cover..samething......and it is a B-18C thats all it says...the one hasent rubbed off!lol remember it is a JDM motor and tranny.
And if it help's i redlined at 8100 before i tuned it, now its at 8400, and ive lowered the v-tec from the stock 5500 to 4100 RPM..

DC2_Project

if it was a type r im sure you would notice the power diffrence but if its a SiR-G you should be putting out around 8-10 more HP than a USDM GSR

DC2_Project

KaosTheory said:
And if it help's i redlined at 8100 before i tuned it, now its at 8400, and ive lowered the v-tec from the stock 5500 to 4100 RPM..
and 8100 is where the SiR-G redilnes at

KaosTheory

DSMER
DC2_Project said:
yea, id put money on it its a JDM SiR-G 176 HP 10.6:1 CR you know the routine
hows that?...i thought you would lose more than 14 hp from fly wheel to the ground...oh well
thanls for the info

DC2_Project

KaosTheory said:
hows that?...i thought you would lose more than 14 hp from fly wheel to the ground...oh well
thanls for the info
yeah, i was thinking that too, but if it was a type r you would redline at 8400 and probaly know you had one

KaosTheory

DSMER
i was told tonight by a guy that works at a hinda dealership, that i have a gs-r block with a B-16 head...
WTF?!

PogKai

B20VTEC
KaosTheory said:
i was told tonight by a guy that works at a hinda dealership, that i have a gs-r block with a B-16 head...
WTF?!
that could be too. first of all inspect the intake manifold bolt pattern, that way you can see if it's a b16/type r head or gsr. Also check for cams and other few details.