B18C engine information

DC2_Project

KaosTheory said:
i was told tonight by a guy that works at a hinda dealership, that i have a gs-r block with a B-16 head...
WTF?!
its not a GSR block if it just says b18c, but it could be a b16 head

KaosTheory

DSMER
DC2_Project said:
its not a GSR block if it just says b18c, but it could be a b16 head
thats a pretty good setup, if its a gsr block and a B-16 head, no wonder other gsr's cant keep up!
lol :D

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
PogKai said:
that could be too. first of all inspect the intake manifold bolt pattern, that way you can see if it's a b16/type r head or gsr. Also check for cams and other few details.
if the head is stamped P72, its a GSR, if the head is stamped PR3, its a B16/Type R

if the block is stamped B18C its either a JDM GSR or JDM ITR. i dont know how you could tell the differences, other than pulling the head. i also think that only the ITR has the oil breather can on the back of the block

slantedGSR

Since it read b18c and redlined at 8100, i would say it was a jdm gsr motor, which both of these could tell u

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
slantedGSR said:
Since it read b18c and redlined at 8100, i would say it was a jdm gsr motor, which both of these could tell u
no.... you cant tell what the motor redlines at, because redline is controlled by the ECU... if you put a ITR ecu on a GSR... does that make the motor a GSR because it redlines at 8500 or whatever the ITR redlines at? :roll:

DC2_Project

Eviloliv3 said:
no.... you cant tell what the motor redlines at, because redline is controlled by the ECU... if you put a ITR ecu on a GSR... does that make the motor a GSR because it redlines at 8500 or whatever the ITR redlines at? :roll:
true, but in my post on the other i was assuming he had the motors ECU

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I wouldnt be mad about a B18C block with a B16 head. Should get your compression a little higher, have a little extra power.

DownShift96GSR

My guess would be B18 block w/ B16 head. The only other way to actually figure out what it is, is rip off the head and check to your pistons. I'll give you a better idea of what motor you have.

siscoke

well to what i read here its deff not a ITR. i have one and my redline starts at 8400 and with my slight mods (CAI, headers, full exh line) i now get up to 8900

and whats with the B16head being faster than standard GSR?? explain plz

greetz sis