B18C in DA

Royal_DA

Royal
Hey CI so I've been posting for some time now about a B18c that will be going into my DA. I already have the block set up. In fact its been ready for almost 2 months or more but I still don't have it in the shell.

The main reason is because I don't know how to wire it up. Just from researching it, and correct me if I'm wrong, the B18C (from a JDM sir 1995) should be obd1 and my DA is an obd1 as well but when I tried to connect the harness from my DA into the B18C I noticed that it wouldn't reach the connections. Is there something that I can get to make the connections reach or am I trying to use the wrong wiring harness? I also have a DC 1994 wiring harness.

So if anyone can shed some light on this issue i'd appreciate it. My questions:

-Is there an extension that I need to use?
-Is the B18C obd1?
-Am I able to use the DA 1993 wire harness or will I need to use another one.

WickedEngineer

I recently put a B18C into my 1995 DB8. The motor is most likely obd2 and if the pigtails don't reach it is because the B18C harness is set up for right side drive. I had to take my obd2 wiring harness from my DB8 and directly wire in vtec and knock sensor. I also bought a jumper harness from rywire.com to go from obd1 to obd2a to use the p72 ecu. Hope this helps.

Royal_DA

Royal
yeah this did help! thanks.

also how would you be able to tell the obd1 or obd2? The B18c came off a DC1995 so It very well could be obd2. How can you tell 100%?

WickedEngineer

The four circled stamps on the front of the engine block show the year it was caste. I could be wrong but I think the pigtails for obd1 and obd2 are different sizes as well.

Last edited:

Royal_DA

Royal
So I spoke with Rywire and they told me that the b18c is obd1... is that correct? The circle read 9/4... Is it a 1994?