B18C into my 95 RS?

95TegDC4

Quick question about this.

The B18C is out of a GSR correct? Now, I've read people saying stuff like OBD1 or something along those lines, I'm not sure what that is..

What do I need to look for to buy to do a GSR(B18C) swap into my stock 95 RS?

The whole engine?
What head?
block?
I'm at a loss..

Would most swaps come with all the vtec components?

rnhib25

ricer all day
No, out of a GSR is a b18c1.

I'm guessing yours is a 95. which is a obdI.

Just get the whole swap.

95TegDC4

No, out of a GSR is a b18c1.

I'm guessing yours is a 95. which that is a obdI.

Just get the whole swap.
Thats what I said.. "a B18C is out of a gsr, correct?'

Where can I find the 'whole swap'?
Does it lign up perfectly, I'm at a loss.

rnhib25

ricer all day
b-series engines should always fit any b-series car.

If you want a B18c which is a JDM type R you looking around 4.5-5k plus shipping comes with everything you need.

DustinXIX

Thats what I said.. "a B18C is out of a gsr, correct?'

Where can I find the 'whole swap'?
Does it lign up perfectly, I'm at a loss.
Your close, b18c is the Jdm (Japanese domestic market) version, b18c1 is the USDM version.basically get the whole engine, the ecu, and then I believe you'd also need to run two wires for VTEC. Others will chime in I'm sure, but if you use the search button you'll find all the information you need.

Kyle

Dude, I'd love to help you but your gonna need to search for some of your answers. B18C is from the Japanese Integra, it can be either the SiR-G or the Type R (Black valve cover or red valve cover.) The Type R has more power (red valve cover). B18C1 is the GSR. Notice the 1 after the C. B18C5 is the American Type R. Google B18C for sale, you'll find plenty of companys. There are even some in VA.

95TegDC4

Your close, b18c is the Jdm (Japanese domestic market) version, b18c1 is the USDM version.basically get the whole engine, the ecu, and then I believe you'd also need to run two wires for VTEC. Others will chime in I'm sure, but if you use the search button you'll find all the information you need.
Funny, I did search. And all of the others had people just like you, except didn't explain at all, just said search. What's the point ins earching, if the threads you find all say search?

95TegDC4

Dude, I'd love to help you but your gonna need to search for some of your answers. B18C is from the Japanese Integra, it can be either the SiR-G or the Type R (Black valve cover or red valve cover.) The Type R has more power (red valve cover). B18C1 is the GSR. Notice the 1 after the C. B18C5 is the American Type R. Google B18C for sale, you'll find plenty of companys. There are even some in VA.
And B18C1's shipped should come with everything, and it should 'bolt' right in, correct? (using that term, extremely loosely, but you should get the point)

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Man, you should do a Tooooonnnnnn of research before even thinking about things like this dude....

DustinXIX

Funny, I did search. And all of the others had people just like you, except didn't explain at all, just said search. What's the point ins earching, if the threads you find all say search?
There's other places to search besides the site here, such as google.

Kyle

And B18C1's shipped should come with everything, and it should 'bolt' right in, correct? (using that term, extremely loosely, but you should get the point)
Yes, but I would suggest doing this later, get more familiar with your Integra.