B18C swap problems

Lo Key

I'm on a serious timeline, I need my car to be ready and on the road by the first. I recently bought a b18c RHD front clip. I switched the motor out, and the ECU (which I bought the OBD2B to OBD2A jumper harness from RyWire).

I dropped in the motor, and I can't for the life of my figure out where three of the plugs coming from my USDM harness hook up to on the motor. That's one problem.

The other is, I tried to turn over the motor before I noticed the above problem. When I did, it was wanting to start, it just seemed starved for fuel. Once I found this out I went to the parts store to rent a NOID light check thing to see if my injectors are even getting power. They aren't...and I don't know why.

I've checked every fuse under the dash, and nothing is blown...any ideas?

cody1018

This sounds like something Dylan could help out with.. (Samurai_Blue) or DaddyBuiltRacing might be able to help

ssbpdc2R

1 would be vtec presure switch and 2 would be crank position sensor that is on the oil pump. JDm motors do not have these.
i went ahead and bought a new oil pump before i put my swap in and used my gsr vtec soleniod

Last edited:

ssbpdc2R

If u notice the jdm motor doesn't have a place for the crank position sensor (jdm itr is in bag)

Lo Key

So I've read something about having to bypass the crank positioning sensor, even though I'm using the JDM Motor/ECU with the USDM harness. Is this true?

Jeffbel

1 would be vtec presure switch which is green and 2 would be crank position sensor that is on the oil pump. JDm motors do not have these.
Yep, but it still doesn't explain why the injectors aren't getting power. Is the "dead" plug there? It's a gray plug on the fuel injector wires inside one of the connectors, its not really a "dead" plug lol. Not sure if you're going to be able to use that harness without modifying it. I had to use a Canadian itr harness on my ctr.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
1 would be vtec presure switch and 2 would be crank position sensor that is on the oil pump. JDm motors do not have these.
i went ahead and bought a new oil pump before i put my swap in and used my gsr vtec soleniod

x2 but what is the third plug? also why arent the injectors firing?

Lo Key

Those three are right under the intake mani, with the exception of the brown one which runs somewhere under the dash im guessing...just can't see where.

This one has me stumped...but it's on the passenger side of the intake manifold and kind of looks like it should plug into the distributor or something....

I just wanna say again, I used the NOID and a voltmeter on the harness plugs for the injectors and they aren't getting ANY power. I did the splice trick, and nothing changed even slightly.

Last edited:

ssbpdc2R

]

this plug right here is for the gsr IAB's which u also do not use! Make sure u have the knock sensor connect correctly since it does use the same exact style plug and is around the same location!
last plug looks like a O2 though but jdm do use primary o2 sensor on the header. See if the first o2 is connected