b18c swap with an auto trans?

horeks90

i want to swap a b18c into my integra, but unfortuneatly its an auto. I was wondering if it is possible to still do the swap or would i have to do a manual tranny swap also? Or do i have to get a different auto trans that will work with the b18c? i really want the b18c. Cuz My b18a1 just doesn't cut it. Also what would i need to do to make it work? any advice will be much apreciated.thank you

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
Your only issue is going to be the shift points. It will work, but left alone it will shift it like its a B18a1, and you have to rev the piss out of the B18c to get everything out of it. There are JDM B18c Auto's, but I bet it will cost more than a manual swap.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Your only issue is going to be the shift points. It will work, but left alone it will shift it like its a B18a1, and you have to rev the piss out of the B18c to get everything out of it. There are JDM B18c Auto's, but I bet it will cost more than a manual swap.
someone said the trannies were the same on the c1 and b1 but idk. the guy over here sells the auto trannies

justincpowell

1991 Acura Integra GS
hond ahas a unique automatic in that unlike other transmission that give you control over the gear the honda version doesnt not eventually shift for you due to pressures. so you may be able to still get full power.... problem is im not sure the transmission can handle it. its not as bullet proof as some otheres ive worked on. lol trust me the inside of mine was wrecked! lol. best of luck but just swap to a manual. it involves some work but the end result is tops.

speedin

The Transporter
hond ahas a unique automatic in that unlike other transmission that give you control over the gear the honda version doesnt not eventually shift for you due to pressures. so you may be able to still get full power....
Are you talking about just manually shifting it through the gears (ie, 1,2,D3,D4)? I thought about that but wasnt sure if the auto control unit would stop you or not at a programmed rpm. Never heard of it being done.

phatintegra

Banned
^ I always manual shift in my Auto at the drag strip (up shift). If I have to down shift I only put it in D3 from D4 then back up to D4. I would never ever down shift from D3 down to D2 or D1.

It mention it in the manual book about manual shifting.

Last edited:

justincpowell

1991 Acura Integra GS
^ I always manual shift in my Auto at the drag strip (up shift). If I have to down shift I only put it in D3 from D4 then back up to D4. I would never ever down shift from D3 down to D2 or D1.

It mention it in the manual book about manual shifting.
mine is 2 S3(Button for S4) then D and etc.

Honda's is very interesting. the shift points from 2-3 3-4 on mine are completely under my control. i can bounce off the limiter if i want lol. it's rather interesting. but 1-2 operates like normal so just stop the throttle to get a 6,500 shift or hopefully close too and then you have full control.

and after tearing my transaxle apart i see how and i do love the design.