b18c1 head on b18a1 block?

donnie850

Just curious.. Can i put a b18c head on a b18a block? If so.. What is needed? and what will i gain from it?
My stock motor has a great bottom end, just dont wana waste extra money on something i dont need if i dont have to.

Lol. There was no B18a GSR, ever. No matter if its a P72(C1 GSR ) or PR3(ITR, CTR, B16, B17) head, it's still LSVtec. Maybe you should search a bit more.

Prozon

Kris
Do it Ricky, you know you wanna. :thumbs up

Brockey

Well, I wonder about similar. Not to walk on your post but I have two tegs. I have my 98 b18a that I bought a b16 vtec head for. Now I have a 95 GSR with the bottom end knocking, b18a blocks are a dime a dozen here, but b18c are rare unless you wanna pay good money for.
Ls/vtec is normally what I was gonna do with the 98 Gs with the b16 head. I'm also aware of the b20 ls/vtec. But what if I put the GSR head on my GS block. What would have to change then or is it a lost cause. I've searched but this combo really isn't covered. Flame suit on! Lol.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
Well, I wonder about similar. Not to walk on your post but I have two tegs. I have my 98 b18a that I bought a b16 vtec head for. Now I have a 95 GSR with the bottom end knocking, b18a blocks are a dime a dozen here, but b18c are rare unless you wanna pay good money for.
Ls/vtec is normally what I was gonna do with the 98 Gs with the b16 head. I'm also aware of the b20 ls/vtec. But what if I put the GSR head on my GS block. What would have to change then or is it a lost cause. I've searched but this combo really isn't covered. Flame suit on! Lol.
here is your only freebee.

so much awesome info in this write up...if you dont understand something, im sure other forums cover it.

http://www.phatwhippincrx.20m.com/custom4.html