b18c1 JRSC RC550 16psi ??? HELP !!!

djv1986

i have tried all of the base tunes from smanger thru hondata s300 and im having a hard time finding a base tune to just keep the car driveable even using less then 8psi of boost.... does anyone out there have a base map for a similar setup they can send me ?? or any advice about shops between sacramento down to irvine areas i may just have to have it tuned.

do any of you guys out there running that much boost with a jrsc

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If you don't have a wideband you can't tune it. If you have a wideband and you want to tune it yourself you should read some books before you start messing with it so you know what your doing. If you have no desire to learn this art then you need to take it to a tuner before you dentonate and brake/burn a hole in your piston.

djv1986

I have a wideband and it's pegging rich. With stock injectors and a diff base tune it pulled superhard every gear no pinging and still ran rich. But I went with 550 injectors and having a hard time making it perform like it did with stock injectors. I have base timing at stock level fuel pressure is stock psi and have the walbro 250 fuel pump I believe.

djv1986

I can upload the cal file and a datalog from earlier and those who are good with s300 can watch it over and maybe help with pointers. But not sure if this forum lets u add attachments

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Did you change the injector modifier to say you have 550cc in and you want it to run on 240cc

djv1986

Yeah I have done that in all the diff base maps I've messed with and my best running one so far is a base map for a b18c lht jrsc 9.5 psi and with 550 injectors and I've played with the overall trim to get it to run half way ok

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Once you adjust the trim as best you can you'll have to start modifying the fuel to get good AFs, there's not much else you can do. Just make sure everything is warmed up good, start with idle and go from there. Are you tuning off the maf or the tps, I would suggest the maf, I think it's better for a dd.

Also if you don't make sure you have your wideband wired in correctly so it can be read through the datalogging on the s300, that helps a ton when making adjustments.

djv1986

I believe the map is tps based but I don't have the hondata map yet and I'm boosting over the stock map sensor abilitys. And it is my daily driver and I want it reliable and good mileage still

djv1986

I have the s300 v2 and it came with a pigtail for analog inputs and my wideband has an analog output I will connect those together and then still not sure how it all works or how the "autotune" works

96GSRteg

Tyler
Go get it tuned. Its seriously worth the time and money to have a properly dyno (NOT street) tuned car. You will have smoother transitions, much better top end, and potentially better mileage.

Sent from my toilet

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Autotune isn't that good, check their website and they show what wore to tap into on the ecu for the wideband.

djv1986

I understand a tuner is the best idea but I need the auto tune to help me just get the car running and Driveable to work and back I live a few miles from work and then ill trailor it to get tuned

cvcrcr99

Damn. 16psi from a JRSC? How big is the pulley on the nose? What are your IATs like?

+1 go get it tuned

djv1986

The nose pulley is about 3.5 or 3.8 but I think 3.5 and it have a stepper alternator pulley on the stock Gsr crank pulley and playing with tuning in driveway no movement it got to like 200 but while driving it never gets more then 5 degrees hotter then coolant temp and my coolant temp never gets even close to middle and that's with a oem thermostat and oem coolant and oem water pump and timing belts engine has 240psi compression and 10,000 on complete oem overhaul(expensive as shit) :(