B18C1 OBD0 swap question

94_Integra

I have a 94 integra ls and I cam across a crx a guy is parting out with a obd0 b18c1 swap with cable clutch. Will this work in my teg? with there be any disadvantages. Thanks/

wite2nr

you will need a hydro transmission or a hydro to cable conversion. I have zero experience with obd0 but I know a lot of the sensors will be different. If its cheap enough, I would buy the head, build it, then do an ls vtec.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
theres no such thing as a obd0 gsr swap. only b16s.

even the b17s were obd1. as far as trannys go. dont waste your time with a cable clutch. there hella weak. find a hydro one.

94_Integra

I can just use the hyrdo trans in my car. What do you think he means when he says its obd 0 ? The guy wants 1500 for the car how it sits gutted besides the swap and racing seats. In the pictures the motor has a red top which I thought was the type r b18? I heard that the ls/vtec were not worth the time.

I can just use the hyrdo trans in my car. What do you think he means when he says its obd 0 ? The guy wants 1500 for the car how it sits gutted besides the swap and racing seats. In the pictures the motor has a red top which I thought was the type r b18? I heard that the ls/vtec were not worth the time.
The "red top" just means that the motor has a Type R valve cover. Check the engine code and head. If it's a B18C with a p72 head, it's a JDM GSR. If it's a B18C with a PR3 head it's a Type R.

White_Rabbit

It is possible he did a OBD1 to OBD0 for his car. The motor would stil be OBD1 though so you're good their. You may just need a new ecu....I dunno just trying to think of what was going on their. Type R's do have a red valve cover but its interchangeable. I have a type r valve cover on my GSR motor. I think you're going to be paying a lot for a lot of things you don't need. Just find yourself a GSR long block online. Will probably be cheaper and easier in the long run.

94_Integra

So it would be cheaper to pick up a long block for lets say $700 and buy what ever else I need separate? I am new to the honda market and want to make sure I get what I pay for.