b18c3 - HELP PLEASE BEFORE MY ENGINE BLOWS

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
Hi guys. I dropped a b18c3 in my teg a while back and it was running really good up unitil a few weeks ago. Heres the problem. I start my car and the valves are extremely loud and it sounds like the rod is slapping or something. Oil light stays on. Usually if I let it run for a few minutes the oil light would go off and all of a sudden all the noise would stop and it would run normal. Well today when I got out of work it was doing the same thing but this time it was stalling out. I tried even punching it and it just bogged way down and stalled out. The fourth time i started it the light didnt come on and it ran fine all the way to my house. Can someone please tell me what the problem is if they have an idea. As soon as possible. I dont want to be driving my car if I'm messing something up, which im already sure I probably have by the way it was sounding. I was thinking it was like a push rod or something that wasnt pushing the oil to the top of the engine, but I dunno? Thats my guess. I check my oil and fluids regulary so I know its not low fluids. The only other thing I could possibly think of but highly doubt is theres a plug that is supposed to go to the back side of where the throttle body is but the mount is broke off of it. But I dont think its a fuel problem. it wouldnt have that loud ass valve / rod slapping sound if it was fuel related. I dunno .... please help me.

jason_guy_yeah

It sounds like you have a failling oil pump. I would stop running the motor and see how much damage is done to the motor, (drain the oil to see if you have metal shavings), and it's possible that you're scoring your cylinder walls, ect..

D-MART90DA9

MY CAR IS A AUTOBOT
Sounds Like The Oil Pump Like The Other Guy Said. And Wouldnt I Drive The Car If The Pump Goes Out While Ur Driving U Can Starve The Motor And Then U Will Throw A Rod And That My Friend Means Bad News Bears Hope That Helps

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
Sounds Like The Oil Pump Like The Other Guy Said. And Wouldnt I Drive The Car If The Pump Goes Out While Ur Driving U Can Starve The Motor And Then U Will Throw A Rod And That My Friend Means Bad News Bears Hope That Helps
its already happened to me once before with my b18a1 and then i bought the b18c3 and its doing the same shit..

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
When you heard the noise from the bottom end you shouldnt have kept driving it. That wasnt smart.
I dont actually know where its coming from.. im sitting inside of my car when it was making that noise. I'm really not too worried if i blow this engine,well I am, but I'll just have to buy another one. Its just a waste of $4000.00 if I have to buy another one and by that point i should have just bought a new car

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
I dont actually know where its coming from.. im sitting inside of my car when it was making that noise. I'm really not too worried if i blow this engine,well I am, but I'll just have to buy another one. Its just a waste of $4000.00 if I have to buy another one and by that point i should have just bought a new car
damn donate some money to me lol