B18C5 in 91 Integra.

WDEDMON1

Hullo, teg fans and enthusiasts! So im currently trying to figure out what is the best motor to put in my Teg. I was wondering if this one(b18c5, released in 1997 w/ 195 hp and rpm 8400) could fit in my 91 LS. What conversions need to take place. Also can it operate off my ecu now? Or do i have to convert to OBD2?
Let me know what u think

jdean41

I wouldnt go with the c5 unless you have the money to spare personally. Although other than the true jdm type r motors its my favorite. It will fit you will just have to convert to ob2, which isnt bad if you know how to run a new wiring harness.

jdean41

U dont have to get a b17, if you can actually find one let me know cuz those SOB's are hard as hell to find in good shape. Just get a b16 or a b18c(gsr motor). The C5 is expensive as hell.

jdean41

180hp@7600
Torque: 129 lb-ft@6200
Redline: 8200 rpm
Diplacement: 1797cc
Compression Ratio: 10.6:1

I wouldnt go with the c5 unless you have the money to spare personally. Although other than the true jdm type r motors its my favorite. It will fit you will just have to convert to ob2, which isnt bad if you know how to run a new wiring harness.
You don't have to convert to OBD2, and you don't have to run a new wiring harness. You'll need a jumper harness, you'll change a few sensors, and you'll wire in new distributor clip(unless you want to repin it). You'll also have to redo some wiring for the injectors.

Imcirrus3

your best bet is to build up a b16 but it all depends on what you want to do with it... I personally like a b20-vtec only went for a ride one time in an eg that had this set up and it was so fun but a b20 you dont ever want to boost

your best bet is to build up a b16 but it all depends on what you want to do with it... I personally like a b20-vtec only went for a ride one time in an eg that had this set up and it was so fun but a b20 you dont ever want to boost
I'm curious as to why you think this? I hope you're not going to say the OEM sleeves.