B18C5 vs K20a3

ewaynebrown

So Im tearing apart my 98 gs right now and i have the paint and all this stuff thought out (it'll probably change by the time i get to that point) but Im thinking about what type of engine to put in it. NOTE: this car is going to be strictly a track car that is not going to be even registered.

So what would you guys use? the b18c5, K20a3, or maybe even a k24?

corona88

if your going to put a new motor in and spend that kind of money I would get a K motor over B.....The reasons are as follow....

1. Motors can handle more
2. NA builds such as H/E/I and a proper Flash/tune will make GREAT POWER
3. Force Induction builds hahaha well you will make OUTSTANDING POWER

ewaynebrown

For sure. haha, i just need to deploy and ill be golden! I have a 06 rsx base and it has a good engine in it . . . but im going big on the teg!

j13

Keep It Clean
K24.

Isn't the k20a3 the most crappy k Engine? Only the intake side opens up when vtec kicks in.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Solely as a track car you have a lot of options. A K24 is torquey but it doesn't have the powerband you'd really want for track duty. I track my GSR and the B18C1 is excellent. You could do a hybrid K24/K20 and have a nice all-motor setup. An all-motor or boosted C1 will be equally as effective with the right build and gearing.

Who are you running with and what class do you intend to race with? That should be the biggest determining factor(s). Always build a track car to a certain spec and with a certain intended use, don't just throw parts at it :thumbs up